Wednesday, November 09, 2005

WHUH?

WHUH (or W-HUH?) is what I have been calling the AM radio station that blasts out of the whitish chevy's speakers each and ever time I start it up. I have previously referred to the station as broadcasting in an Afro-Mexican-Pentecostal revolving format which means, I never quite know what I am going to get. The reason I call it W-H-U-H(KHUH for those of you west of the Mississippi) is because I really don't understand it or I really don't understand it. Recently, I was taking a morning jaunt and had a woman's voice jumping out of the speakers at me, as soon as I cranked up the whitish' engine. Deaconess Jones, it seems, was in mid sermon rant. She screamed,...AND SHE DON'T HAVE THE POWA THAT SHE THINK SHE HAVE, THAT SHE REALLY DO HAVE"! Now, I'm no theologian and I have learned that God will speak to me in many ways through many different types of people but if God is trying to speak to me through the good Deaconess, I need a translator.

I got out of the car to go into the store, when I came back out and fired up the whitish, they must have(I can only hope) changed formats. A marginally talented woman in a fairly unprofessional mix was singing, ...."and my man he stay out all night, he don't treat me right, that's why I'm goin lookin for the poontang(excuse me if sic) man,yeah baby, that's what they call him, the Poontang(does one capitalize poontang?) Man..." Can they say that on the radio? I guess so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home